11.21.2009

Where'd all the good people go?




Yes, Jack Johnson and confused kangaroo. I feel your pain.

While I am not the best of the best and am surely no saint, it is safe to say that I am thoroughly disappointed in the morale and overall character of my peer group (excluding my cousin, Brooke, who could possibly be an angel on earth; or Jame, but my view of him is slightly skewed).

This soap box is on the disregard that my peers have for laws, commitment, and the relationship between the two. Specifically, the disrespect of that little legal document called the lease.

So many students sign leases, and then feel entitled to back out of their lease whenever their life changes a path (which is quite often, with college students). These students do not seem to even comprehend the implications that their actions have on their roommates, landlord, credit score, etc. Plus, I am certain that these same students would be up in arms if their landlord suddenly decided that they are no longer going to hold up their end of the bargain.


And here are my fears:

Has a generation been raised that has no comprehension of the implications of their actions? Or worse - has a generation been raised that is apathetic to the implications their actions cause?

Are my peers lack of respect with leases indicative of their lack of respect of any contractual agreement - like marriage? You think the divorce rate is high now... I just fear for my generation's divorce rate. I can already see it now, a new clause in the standard marriage vow: "'Till change of mind due us part."

That may be a little exaggerated. But seriously, come on!

Most of my peers are God respecting Christian individuals. While I do not know for certain, I suspect that most these individuals live their lives under the agreement that if they lead good lives, they'll get a reserved spot in Heaven. What if Heavenly Father decides that he changed his mind on the whole agreement --- that Heaven is only for himself and his boy Jesus? Oh and Michael Jackson, of course. And why not O.J. Simpson, while we're at it - but only because he didn't do it. Like his book title says:

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A documentary of one girl's time in Folsom, CA. Highlights noted of the surrounding area. Special appearances by Jay and The Dog.

this blog is powered by...

this blog is powered by...