9.27.2009

Seriously?!?!

Jamison is a dream. He listens to me vent about all the stupid, inconsequential things that a girl can vent about. One of my most recent vents has been about the kitchen. I rarely eat here, and when I do, I make sure to throw away my trash, clean up any messes my food preparation may have made, put my things in the dishwasher, etc. I was finding that I was mysteriously doing an exponential amount of dishes for the amount that I was eating. I'm generally not a morning eater, and most of the meals I do eat are either at Jamison's house (Jamison and I generally cook meals for us and his roommate, Brit, to save time, money, and energy) or at a restaurant. Finally Jamison suggested that I just stop doing dishes that were not mine. One week, and two loads of strictly my things later:


seriously?!?!

Naturally, the kitchen smells. And it has for the past two days. Yet the dishes keep piling up.

For the record, I understand if a dish or two is left due to soaking issues (ie. brownie pans, mac and cheese pans, or the like). As you (and I) can see, this is not the case. But I can guarantee you that, excluding Megan Fox Law Student, I am taking just as difficult a course load, if not more difficult, than any of the said offenders. Granted, I do not have a job, as two of the offenders do. However I have this ridiculous dog who keeps me out of the house exercising as much as a job would keep me out of the home. And I also want to state that this is not some passive aggressive internet tirade. If any offenders confront me on the pileup, I will surely explain that I decided not to do anyone else's dirty dishes, as nobody was doing mine.

In the grand scheme of things, I want to know: Am I being too ridiculous by expecting dishes to be done by the dish eater? How should I fix this unsightly, unsanitary, and smelly problem?

I think of that Office episode where Pam puts up an anonymous note on the microwave, saying whoever made the mess needs to clean it up. Everyone in the office backfires on her, commenting on what kind of up-tight person would put a note on the microwave when they could have spent the time cleaning it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A documentary of one girl's time in Folsom, CA. Highlights noted of the surrounding area. Special appearances by Jay and The Dog.

this blog is powered by...

this blog is powered by...