I love my dog and, personally, think that Xerxes has a pretty sweet life. He sleeps all day, goes on walks, has been on more back mountain hikes than any dog I know, goes to the park twice a day... but he cannot be alone. So, things get a little difficult when I go to classes. Granted, there are other roommates here, but they live downstairs. And the girl that doesn't like Xerxes lives in the first bedroom downstairs. Xerxes is no dumb dog - he knows he is unliked by this particular individual - so he never ever ventures downstairs, even if he is aching for company.
Today, there was a one hour period where nobody was here at the house, except the Xerx. I have learned that if Xerx is left alone in a home for even an hour, he decides to, shall we say, redecorate the home to his liking. So today, he needed to be on his chain outside. I generally dislike the idea of chaining my dog up, it seems so abusive and neglectful, however all of the information I have read on Siberian Huskies suggest that even a fence will not contain these animals. They need to be on a leash/dog run "at all times". Even then, huskies have been known to undo their collars. The affectionate nickname for these dogs is "Hairy Houdini's" because of their escape acts (like opening the two doors and window at Jamison's old place)
Enjoying the freedom.
Today Xerx was home alone for less than an hour. I ask myself: how is this even possible?
Xerx can definitely teach the boy scouts a thing or two about knots!
No comments:
Post a Comment