12.08.2008

Lessons Learned @ The University


I must admit that I was originally opposed to getting a blog.  I just didn't see the point in writing about my mundane, single college life. To be honest, this thing started out as a photo blog for my half-second-cousin's wife to look at while she eats lunch at her work (Hi, Shannon!)  But I figured that I might starting adding random, quirky things that happen in my life to share with my one loyal follower and the rest of the internet galaxy.  And this way, I'll remember all of the really strange things that happen to me.

My first official 'post' is composed of the things I've learned at college.

They are (in no particular order):
  • Laundry day comes when you either run out of underwear or are too lazy to go to the store and buy more underwear 
  • 'Clean' is a completely relative term.
  • If the staple of your diet consists of midnight Del Taco runs, you will experience digestive difficulties.
  • Regardless of where you reside, the local Wal-Mart attracts the same universal mold of shopper.  And it is a wonderful one.
  • Contrary to popular opinion, 'they' do want you to graduate and get off of campus as soon as possible.  Point in case: General Education requirements have been lowered to a D as a passing grade.
  • You will always get bored of the cafeteria food, no matter how good it is.
  • The earlier you go to bed, the better grades you will get.
  • The later you stay up at night, the more friends (and fun) you'll have.
  • Professors are actually quite awesome, and unlike the average Wal-Mart shopper, do not fit a consistent mold.
  • High school drama still persists.  Only now, you live with these people.  There is no escape.
  • College students have a surprising amount of money, judging off of the super cool new electronic devices widespread around campus.
  • Boys still haven't quite yet mastered how to act.  Smearing feces around the showers sound like fun?  How about flushing firecrackers down the toilet, just to see what happens?
  • Everyone is liberal in their political views.
  • Waking up before 9am is almost unfathomable.  
More to come... I'll keep ya posted.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I loved reading your post and feel so honored that I helped bring you into the blogging world! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
A documentary of one girl's time in Folsom, CA. Highlights noted of the surrounding area. Special appearances by Jay and The Dog.

this blog is powered by...

this blog is powered by...