Regardless- to help pass the time, I've started listening to my iPod while doing this whole practice. Really, why has it taken me this long to figure out I can multitask? Just by wearing a hoodie (or putting the iPod in my jean pockets) I can both rock out and tackle my hair! Paradise, hello!
Anyways, while doing my hair and listening to Britney Spears' new hit 'Circus' I had the most wonderful epiphany. And it is as follows:
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put a caveat on what entertainers spend OUR money on?
You see, when I first heard that the lovely Mrs./Ms. (it changes so often) Spears was planning a comeback, I dedicated myself to be an opponent. For several reasons. 1-Doesn't she have enough $$$$ anyways? 2-Aren't there more important things to be focusing on, like, say, her children - or better yet, her mental health? 3-What is she going to use my .99 cent contribution for, anyways? I don't want to inadvertantly support a heroin addiction or her new sports car.
So I think it would be wonderful if we, as the general public, had somewhat of a say in what the entertainers buy. I'm not talking 100% 1984-esque control. I'm just talking like 20% of this dollar must go to a charity... or to buying an American made vehicle. In my opinion, celebrities already have enough money to begin with. Far more than enough. So now that they've got the basic necessities covered in all of their various homes worldwide, let's do something a little more profitable with the extra cash. Not that a diamond studded Blackberry isn't profitable...
Seriously, I could be a genius. Don't worry, I'll solve all these economic problems just by regulating what the entertainment industry does with their money.
(I could also be a control freak... or just extremely stingy)
What do you think? Am I right, or am I right?
Great idea! I think that college liberalism is kicking in. Merry Christmas!!!!! Tell everyone hello and that Tyler, myself and the Ellis' love and miss them.
ReplyDeletePS. I will be in CA by Monday afternoon. My goal is to get Tyler there by Wednesday afternoon (31st). If he finishes his work and gets driving he may be there. Help me make him feel VERY wanted in CA ;)