The Scoville Family
Fall 2008
Leah is the beauty on the left... and Kate is the cutie below. Taken when they were mere babies, Summer '08
Meet the Scoville family, the most wonderful family I have the fortune of knowing. Not only is each member of the family beautiful (not to mention extremely photogenic!), they are the most kind people I've ever met. Dave and Jen have opened their home to me numerous times, fed me more meals than I can count, and let me play with their daughters - fully embracing me into a member of their family. It must be noted that I have a very very very distant relationship to this family. To liken our relationship to a family tree, the Scovilles are three trees down from mine in the family orange grove. Odds are, you probably have a closer blood-relationship to your next-door neighbors than I do with the Scoville family.
Overall, the Scovilles have taught me that kinship has little to do with blood relation, and more to do with how you treat others and the love that you have for those you interact with. I consider myself extremely grateful to have learned that lesson so early on in my life, and I feel honored to call Kate and Leah my pseudo-nieces (a term I use with utmost endearment).
That was really a sweet tribute to what sounds like an absolutely wonderful family. Can I join the group? ;c)
ReplyDeleteLove you sweet thang!!
chandra